Sunday, 16 November 2014

James Holdsworth at the Stephanie Hoppen Gallery

I have previously featured on my blog the Stephanie Hoppen Gallery on Walton Street as I quite often pass by it on my way to work and I am always fascinated by the Contemporary artists that the gallery exhibits. After the exquisite collection of oriental necks and plates by Christian de Laubadere, the gallery is presenting a collection of new works by James Holdsworth. 





Source:stephaniehoppen.com
James Holdsworth graduated from Chelsea Arts School in the late '70s and became a dominant figure in the debate surrounding the reappraisal of punk and rock. I cannot help but absolutely love the cartoon characters he injects to his extraordiary paintings. 

And as Elbert Hubbard wrote to his essay A Message to Garcia:

"Don't take life too seriously folks, you'll never get out of it alive". 

Have an awesome Sunday!

Helen xx

3 comments:

  1. Such amazing artwork. Love! Would you like to follow each other on GFC?! Let me know and follow me on my blog, I will follow you right back on both GFC and Bloglovin!
    xx
    Annie
    www.the-lostangeles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

>