Sunday, 2 November 2014

Helen Does Not Like E-Books

I think I have pretty much established a few of the things that I really like and this becomes as clear as day because I keep repeating them on a regular basis: coffee, flowers, theatre, books (Ok the list is kind of endless plus I do have a hidden agenda, I am not revealing all!).

Talking of books, I love browsing and borrowing some from my local library but I also love buying my own books, placing them neatly on my window shelf and this way they can keep me company for good. Last week, I had the shock of my life while placing an order for a book that I have been meaning to buy for quite some time now. That is The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion (have you read it?).


Little Miss Clever, placed her order and only when it went through it dawned on her little head that she had ordered an e-book. Major disaster!! I do not do e-books, I hate kindle and all this new stuff. I am an old fashioned gal (in a lot of ways) and I like my book to have curves, I like flicking through the pages and taking in that smell (oh the smell!!!).

The crisis was quickly aborted of course, no biggie. I was so happy the other day to finally receive my curvy book through the post and I cannot wait to start reading it. 

Here is how the story goes: 

Love isn't an exact science - but no one told Don Tillman. A handsome 39 year old genetist, Don's never had a second date (blimey, at least I am doing better than Don). So, he devises the Wife Project, a scientific test to find the perfect partner. Enter Rosie - "the world's most incompatible woman" - throwing Don's safe, ordered life into chaos.

Something tells me that this is going to be such a fun read. Share your thoughts with me if you have read the book. 

Have a great Sunday!!

Helen xx

3 comments:

  1. Obsessed with your glasses! They are ultra chic! xo

    -Laur

    www.adornlafemme.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to hear your thoughts on the book! ;)

    http://justsmilewithstyle.blogspot.gr/2014/11/poncho-fever.html
    http://justsmilewithstyle.blogspot.gr/2014/10/burgundy-uniform.html
    <3

    ReplyDelete

>