Sunday, 12 October 2014

Quotes by Rumi

Last night I was watching the film "Diana" (not a great one!) and what I will remember the most from this movie is the wonderful quote by Poet Rumi which is left on a note by Dr H. Khan during the final scene in front of Kensington Gardens Palace.

"Somewhere beyond right and wrong there is a garden. I will meet you there"


I was deeply moved by this quote (as personal memories and stories deluged my mind) and I wanted to read some more. I then started doing a little bit of research, while listening to some magical classics by J S Bach. Here I have put together a few more quotes by the Persian Poet that are such an inspiration: 

The wound is the place where the Light enters you

Don't grieve. Anything you lose comes round in another form 

Raise your words, not your voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder

Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames

Be melting snow. Wash yourself from yourself

Without the frown of clouds and lighting, the vines would be burned by the smiling sun

My heart is so small, it's almost invisible
How can You place such big sorrows in it?
"Look", He answered
"Your eyes are even smaller,
yet they behold the world"

And a last one...

Source: emilysquotes.com
Have a great Sunday!!

Helen xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

>