Thursday, 2 October 2014

My Roman Holiday

My Roman Holiday might not have been out of the nameshake movie as there was no Vespa (plenty of them in Rome, it is just that I was not on one of them) or Gregory Peck (hard to find one these days!) in the picture. Nevertheless, it still managed to amaze me!

What I enjoyed the most was that sun! Feeling like someone starved of sunlight, I could spend hours at Piazza di Spagna with the sun shamelessly hitting my face and caressing every visible part of my body while all of my features were as gently placed as butter into warm milk.


While in Rome I got the feeling that it was still summer and I could not be happier. I do not know how easily I will adjust to the puzzled British weather but I will give it a shot. I am back with a tan and a great mood ;-)

Here is a small (let's not debate on this, I am always generous with my photos!) photo album from the eternal city:

At the Colosseum

I love visiting churches while on holiday and get some praying time there

Caesar's statue
Having some action with a gladiator
At Piazza di Spagna
I could sit at the Spanish Steps for a whole day seeing the world passing me by...
At Piazza del Popolo
At Piazza Barberini
Via Veneto

Castel Sant' Angelo

A Vespa in Trastevere 
Tevere
Restaurants at Piazza Navona 
At Piazza Navona

At Campo de Fiori
Area Sacra

At Basilica S. Pietro where my very short shorts did not make the cut... :-(
Basilica S. Pietro
Piazza Pio XII
At the Cruciani one and only boutique in Rome (Piazza del Parliamento)

Shopping for some Italian toothpaste
I clearly ignored the signs about appropriate dressing...



Ponte Sant' Angelo

Inside the Basilica S. Pietro


The Greek element is everywhere...
Carabinieri in front of the Basilica
Ponte Vittorio Emanuele II


The stunning Pieta by Michelangelo Buonarroti housed in St. Peter's Basilica


Have a great day!!

Helen xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

>