Sunday, 3 August 2014

Summer in the City

I am spending my summer in the city and where I come from August is the hottest, sunniest month but this seems not to apply to London. In general, one could say that rules do not apply to London, it is such an untamed child! 

I went out today for my morning coffee and pain au chocolat (my daily ritual as of recently) and I felt a bit chilly. On Friday night I was out and about (Dirty Martini in Covent Garden was my last stop to a long night where bar crawling was taken to another level) and during the small hours the temperature dropped a bit. Luckily I was carrying a cardigan that I had to put on, on my way home. I do not know how the rest of August will go but I am hoping for the best. Next month I have a couple of holidays planned and I cannot wait. Of course my destinations are very sunny and warm. 

A few weeks ago I was in central London and caught two amazing plays: Coppelia at the English National Opera and Shakespeare in Love at the Noel Coward Theatre. I love ballet and a good love story. 






How are you all spending your summer? I hope August is treating you very well!!

Have a fun Sunday!!

Helen xx

4 comments:

  1. At the moment the weather is quite allright here (Netherlands), so I hope August will stay that way!

    Jules x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy the rest of your summer Jules!! xx

      Delete
  2. That city looks like so much fun. I definitely want to visit but I cant help but not want to leave my city! its soo huge with everything lol

    ReplyDelete

>