Saturday, 19 July 2014

Young Vic: It's a Big World in Here

Theatre relaxes me, amuses me, makes me think and overall makes me a happy girl. I love getting to the foyer to collect my ticket, enjoying a glass of wine or a cup of coffee (depending if it is a matinee performance or an evening one) before the show and finding my way to my seat. 

A few weeks ago, on a rainy Saturday I visited the Young Vic, located near the South Bank in the London Borough of Lambeth. Red Forest was on, a series of divine true stories from around the world  and woven together with stunning video and hypnotic live music (the best part of the play). 



The Bar / Restaurant area is so cozy and relaxing. My cappuccino came with a heart and chocolate on the top, exactly how I like it ;)



A Streetcar Named Desire starts showing on the 23rd July and I am so gutted that it is already sold out. However, there are a lot of other promising plays on the agenda and I am sure I will visit the Young Vic pretty soon. 



While on holidays in Thessaloniki I took a break from my theatre activities (I wanted to visit the National Theatre of Northern Greece but there was barely enough time, maybe next time as I will be visiting again soon) and last night I watched my first play since I came back. More on this on a future post along with a very amorous play that I am watching tonight :)

Have a great weekend!!

Helen xx

4 comments:

  1. Great post and lovely pictures! xx www.youhadmeatvogue.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post and I love the green glasses. Very chic!

    www.eyeseeeuphoria.com

    ReplyDelete

>