Sunday, 13 July 2014

Germany vs Argentina World Cup Final 2014

I love fashion and I kinda love football as well. So given that The World Cup will draw to a close at the Maracana tonight, I thought of combining the two into a post. 

Germany are just one match away from a fourth World Cup success and becoming the first European side to win a World Cup on Latin American soil. They have overcome a group that featured Portugal, the US and Ghana, before seeing off Algeria and France without the need of extra-time and penalties (this is so nerve-racking!!). 

Source: chanel.com
Then they astonishingly dismantled hosts Brazil,with a record-breaking 7-1 victory (who can forget that?) and begun to flirt with greatness. 

Argentina on the other side looks to Messi to carry them over the line (can he do it?). Despite a disappointing display in the semi-final, when he failed to touch the ball  as much as it was needed he might be saving the best for last and could turn a big game in a flash, bringing home the World Cup for the first time since 1986 when the team was captained by Maradona.

Well, time will tell. The game kicks off at 8pm and I will be watching ;-)

Have a great Sunday!!

Helen xx

3 comments:

  1. haha:D the colorful bags are so cute! I'm not a big fan of football, but my brother is so excited about The World Cup!

    www.Lorietta.cz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know... I wish I could have them all ;)

      Delete
  2. Love the first row!
    http://fashion-soup.com/

    ReplyDelete

>