Saturday, 7 June 2014

Mr Perfect...?

Hello everyone! I hope you are well and enjoying the weekend. This week has been fairly busy for me and the weather's instability is driving me a bit mad. I have finally found time to visit the library and got two brand new books. I have already finished reading the first one called "Mr Perfect" by Joanna Davies. While reading the book there was a reference to the movie "When Harry met Sally" and on a lazy, rainy afternoon I decided to watch the movie on Netflix. The book has a similar story line to the movie and was fun reading it. I love anything with the right dose of humor and sarcasm.


Mari is 35, works for a television company in Cardiff and just can't keep a relationship going for more than 2 years. She is looking for Mr Perfect, but after nearly 20 years of dating, she's starting to worry that her ideal man doesn't exist.
On the other side of the city, Owen, also 35, is looking for love on his terms. there must be a girl out there that's single, intelligent and - well, gorgeous....and loves the movies, of course. 

Owen's and Mari's paths keep crossing throughout the book but who knows if they will end up together like Harry and Sally (well, I know but I am not revealing it, in case you want to read the book!).

And I will wrap up this post with one of my favourite quotes from the movie:

"I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of the life to start as soon as possible".

Have a lovely evening!!

Helen xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

>