Monday, 19 May 2014

Farewell Greece

My Greek getaway is sadly coming to an end. Too much is never enough, but I was lucky to enjoy a lot of sunshine (even though it got windy at times), great food, great wine, and endless time with my family and my beautiful niece. 

I thoroughly enjoyed my time in Athens and here are some more photos from the city.

The Acropolis Museum
The Acropolis Museum was full of visitors eager to enter its grand entrance and rediscover the lure of the works of the ancient world and enjoy the grandeur of the sculptures of classical Greece. When I was living in Dionysiou Areopagitou, the museum was my go to place as I have always been fascinated visiting it and admiring my country's ancient cultural heritage. The cafe on the first floor is overlooking the Parthenon and the view is breathtaking. 
 
Greek Ouzo
 


Feeling like a tourist in Plaka..

Plaka is one of my favorite Athenian neighborhoods as I have lived there and almost everything felt quite familiar. I have also lived in the lively Kolonaki area and a last coffee at Voukourestiou 9 & Panempistimiou was a must and a treat.

Our cafe of choice was Zonar's Le Cafe D'Athenes. This historic cafe has opened its doors again, following a complete renovation. It has the atmosphere of a grand cafe, a rich history and a very central location. That was exactly what I needed so as to end my day on a high note with some strong Greek coffee and gluko tou koutaliou (spoon sweet).





 Have a great week!!

Helen xx

9 comments:

  1. great dessert and places, you are lucky haha!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely place, I love the pictures!!!

    www.plogstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. man, it's always so sad when a trip comes to a close. it's so hard to get out of that exploring mode! you took some lovely pictures, i especially loved seeing the food ones haha. it's so fun to lounge around and eat in different lands :)

    xo marlen
    Messages on a Napkin

    ReplyDelete
  4. such beautiful photos!!

    cheers,
    Idalia
    http://www.abstractorganza.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love this kind of posts!:) lovely photos!♥

    www.Lorietta.cz

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, you having good time with beer..lovely pictures,,keep posting such blog more..
    keep in touch

    http://glamforgood.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete

>