Tuesday, 1 April 2014

BBC Concert Orchestra at the Southbank Centre

Here I am back to London and this inevitably means back to work! Yeah, I cannot tell you how much I had missed all of my paperwork and I was so eager to reply to all of my emails that were stacked in my inbox for the last two weeks getting dusty and old. 

My flight back to London was a bit of  a hassle as there was a short delay the moment that we landed to Heathrow Airport and on top of that, Piccadilly and District lines were partially closed on Sunday evening. Welcome to the city :)

Greek sugar fixation at the gate



Waiting patiently at my gate
As soon as I finished work on Monday sweet company was waiting for me at  the Southbank Centre with a pair of tickets for the "World Once Known" concert at Queen Elizabeth Hall by the BBC Concert Orchestra. A world of nostalgia and reflection was encapsulated in the music of George Butterworth, who died in action in 1916. The music by Debussy and Ravel paid homage to those who died in the Great War and American Soprano Nicole Cabell joined the orchestra for Barber's wistful depiction of Tennessee summers gone by.

Keith Lockhart in action
Keith Lockhart was the conductor of this beautiful concert, which was the perfect ending to a long and tiring day for me. 

I hope you are all well. Have a lovely evening!

Helen xx

9 comments:

  1. Wow what an amazing experience and fun trip. mywhiteT.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe seems like a wonderful experience and hope that you'll have a lovely comeback and you'll adjust back to everything (: x

    http://birdiethgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sound an amazing event!!!

    Thanks for the comment on my blog!!

    http://the-haute-strawberry.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  4. BEAUTIFUL EXPERIENCE!

    Keep in touch on BLOGLOVIN

    Love,
    FASHIONHYPNOTISED

    ReplyDelete
  5. the concert must have been amazing!:) lovely photos!

    www.Lorietta.cz

    ReplyDelete
  6. I believe that you had a great time:). I love to go to concert too. I plans to go one soon. lovely pic of your. xx

    http://www.attraction2fashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. great pictures,love it
    I posted a new article, I'd love to know your opinion
    would you like to pass from my blog?
    fashion blogger pamela soluri
    kiss

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a nice experience! Have a lovely weekend dear!

    Keep in touch on BLOGLOVIN

    Love,
    FASHIONHYPNOTISED

    ReplyDelete

>