Monday, 3 February 2014

The 39 Steps at the Criterion Theater

When I first came to the UK and visited Piccadilly Circus one thing that really stand out apart from the Eros statue and the Sanyo red sign was the poster of The 39 Steps playing at the Criterion Theater in the heart of this vibrant part of the city. I have always wanted to see this play but it just had not occurred. Up until last Saturday that I finally visited the box office and my pre-ordered tickets were waiting for me.


This fast paced piece of theater, written by John Buchan and based on the Alfred Hitchcock 1935 film of the same name is set in the 1930s. The play presents the adventures of a very attractive Richard Hannay (played by Ben Righton), who is called to solve the 39 Steps to acquit himself of murder. The story is told in 100 minutes by four actors playing 130 characters. 






Photos by Tristan Kenton
At the foyer...
I thoroughly enjoyed the play. The lovingly maintained Victorian theater beneath Piccadilly Square was awesome, small and so cozy. Our seats were at the stalls and the view was great. I would highly recommend this comedy.

Helen xx

4 comments:

  1. I'd really love to visit the Criterion Theater!! Nice blog, Helen! Followed you on Bloglovin. Hope we can be friends! :)

    sabpozon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally love this!

    I’ve a new blog, I’m waiting for your opinion on my latest post!
    BABY WHAT’S UP.COM

    I’m following you on all social networks, follow me and get in touch !
    facebook | instagram | bloglovin’ | INTERNATIONAL GIVEAWAY

    Alis.

    ReplyDelete

>