Saturday, 18 January 2014

Library Girl

Since I was a student, I enjoyed so much spending time at the uni's library. It was my go to place for studying, doing my essays and working (I was working at Kingston University's Library back in 2002). I can't remember when it was the last time that I set foot in a library but I had definitely missed the experience. Therefore, the other day I decided to visit my area's library facilities and become a member!


Putney Library is located in 5/7 Disraeli Road and here you can get find a children's book section (on the first floor), an adult section, study rooms (on the second floor), CD's, DVD's plus free internet access. There is also a hall for hire for anyone who is interested.

The entrance

I love crime novels!


I got my library card and borrowed my first two books. I am such a book worm and I have already finished one of them. I have 3 weeks for the other one! I was glad to even find some Greek books available. The first book that I picked was Sperantza Vrana's "Who will tell me the truth?" a 1997 edition and the second one is from one of my favorite Italian writers, Andrea Camilleri's "The voice of the violin".



Inspector Salvo Montalbano's adventures are keeping me company at the moment and I thoroughly enjoy the story so far. The plot goes like this: Montalbano's discovery of a naked young woman suffocated in her bed immediately sets him on a search for her killer.... This is a great read and Inspector Montalbano is one of the most engaging protagonists in detective fiction.



Any books that you have been reading lately and would like to share?

Have a great day!

Helen xx

3 comments:

  1. Great library, lovely post dear!!!

    www.plogstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've never seen ancient greek and latin literature translated into english haha! what a lovely thing :)

    http://aurorasparkscreations.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete

>