Thursday, 19 December 2013

The Little Coffee Shop of Kabul

An amazing Costa coffee has opened up at the work place and this is where I find myself being at every time I am on a break. I am grabbing a skinny latte, I sit down and I am reading my new book: The Little Coffee Shop of Kabul by Deborah Rodriguez. 


The book, given to my by my friend G. as a Christmas gift, tells the story of five different women coming together and this all happens in a little coffee shop in one of the most dangerous places on earth: Kabul.

Sunny, the proud proprietor, who needs an ingenious plan - and fast - to keep her cafe and customers safe.

Yasmina, a young pregnant woman stolen from her remote village and now abandoned on Kabul's violent streets.

Isabel, a determined journalist with a secret that might help her from the biggest story of her life.

Candace, a wealthy American who has finally left her husband fro her Afghan lover, the enigmatic Wakil. 

and 

Halajan, the sixty-year-old den mother, whose long-hidden love affair breaks all the rules.

This is a great read and I enjoy it so much. I have two more books coming my way through the post any day now and I am so excited! Do you have time for any Christmas reading?

Have a great day!

Helen xx

3 comments:

  1. Wow, it seems awesome :D Thanks for your comment on my blog, I feel like you've just totally understood what are the books I love ;) I've already put it on my "to read" list :D
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you found it interesting Sophie! Have a nice day too xx

      Delete

>