Wednesday, 18 December 2013

Comptoir Libanais in South Kensington

Happy Wednesday everyone! Just a week before Christmas and I hope everyone is excited about this. Last Sunday it was all work, work for me and when I finished I decided to go out with my friend I. for some food and a coffee. 

We were walking along Brompton Road in Knightsbridge and we ended up in one of my favorite places in South Kensington: Comptoir Libanais. I love this place because you can eat casually without the unnecessary fuss. Tony Kitous, the man behind the scenes, has brought Lebanese home-style dishes to the High Street with his Comptoir Libanais canteens and delicatessens.  



Chicken wrap with parsley & mint salad
This place is definitely not just about the food. Within Comptoir Libanais there is a souk - like attitude to providing whatever is authentically Middle Eastern, as well as being fun and funky. Here you can find some gorgeous hand-embroidered bags from Marrakech and ingredients to cook at home.



We finished off our Lebanese experience with some seriously strong coffee
And if you try the food and you want to re-create it at home, Tony's Comptoir Libanais signed cookbook is available to buy in the canteen. Influenced by my evening there, the other night I made a delicious salad using lots of parsley and mint. I love these flavors!!

Have a great day!

Helen xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

>