Sunday, 17 November 2013

A Day in Nafplio

The weather was so nice today that I decided with my sister a little escape to the seaport town of Nafplio in the Peloponnese was the perfect getaway on a Sunday. My sister's husband was on the driver's seat, so we fasten our seat belts and off we went!
The castle of Bourtzi
Nafplio was the capital of the first Hellenic Republic, from the start of the Greek Revolution in 1821 until 1834. The town is situated on the Argolic Gulf in the northeast Peloponnese.
As soon as we arrived, we were longing for a strong, aromatic Greek coffee with a view at the castle of Bourtzi (priceless!). We sat at Rendez vous (as romantic souls that we are) which was opposite the castle. The beautiful castle is located in the middle of the harbour of Nafplio and is nowadays a tourist attraction.  

 
In the afternoon we wandered around the streets of Nafplio and I enjoyed some delicious Frozen Yogurt from ChillBox.



 
The castle of Palamidi

Constitution Square
I love Bougainvilleas!

More photos from Nafplio on my next post, where I will share with you some photos from cute little shops with handmade jewellery and other lovely things.

Have a great weekend whatever you do, wherever you are!
Helen xx

2 comments:

  1. This looks wonderful - I want to travel again very soon :) You have the most beautiful hair - I might have said that before ;) x

    ReplyDelete

>