Wednesday, 9 October 2013

Why do swans have long necks?

Last Sunday the weather was pretty amazing and I hopped on bus 85 with final destination Kingston. This is the little town that I spent three of the most wonderful years of my life while I was studying at Kingston University many many years ago. 



Me and my housemates found our way to the river and as the sun was shining upon us we got a table on the ever friendlier "La Tasca" and it was time for beer and tapas. I had a bottle of Estrella that reminded me my holidays in Barcelona a few summers ago... Good times!

La Tasca
Tapas & Estrella
The food was amazing and the scenery in front of us idyllic. We later sat by the river gazing at the swans and the ducks that were surrounding us. A young boy was feeding the birds with bread and we could not help but wonder: "Why do swans have such long necks?". Well I just googled this earlier on and apparently they need a long neck so that they can attack others and bury deep in the water for food!


Have a lovely day whatever you do today!

Helen xx

3 comments:

  1. i have great memories from kingston...this place is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful photos!♥ the place looks adorable!:)

    www.lorietta.cz

    ReplyDelete

>