Saturday, 5 October 2013

A walk through Montmarte

My trip to  Paris a few days ago could not be any better! The weather was fantastic, the company was great and our mood was already boosted from the excitement only!

I got at St Pancras earlier than expected on Wednesday morning, so I had plenty of time to enjoy a warm Caramel skinny latte from Starbucks. My friend arrived a few minutes later and we both got on the Eurostar, took our Parisian guides out and started planning our day. I love it when you make plans and then once you go there nothing is happening as planned. Our first stop was the beautiful, picturesque Montmarte in the 18th arrondissement. 




This busy little street full of touristic shops leads to the Carrousel De Montmarte at foot of Sacre-Coeur and here you can find "Le Petit Musee du  Chocolat" where you can taste French pastries, macarons and of course lots of chocolate treats. They currently have on display a fully edible Notre Dame! Yummy!!









As we got on top of the hill we bumped into a married couple taking pictures outside of the basilica... How romantic!


We then headed to the Place du Tertre which was full of portrait sketchers saying sweet Bonjour to you and asking to paint your portrait (I had my portrait painted when I first visited Paris 11 years ago by Claude. I spotted the place where she had painted me straightaway). We were politely declining their offers and found a cute little cafe where we had coffee and pastry. 





I had a strong espresso to keep me going for the day

Top: COS, Skirt & Jacket: Sandro, Flats: Lanvin, Bag: Balenciaga
I hope you like the pictures. More to come on my next post. Have a lovely day!

Helen xx

2 comments:

  1. Nice pictures

    C comme Chloé
    http://c-comme-chloe.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete

>