Monday, 19 August 2013

Before Midnight

Holiday for me means to loosen up, disconnect everything that used to be connected, completely forget what day it is and lose track of time. Once I accomplish these I am on a holiday state of mind and I absolutely love it. Now, how to come back from that state is another story...

 I spent half of my day on the beach yesterday working on my tan, reading my book and trying to take in all the beauty around me. 

 
 

When the sun went down there was something on my bucket list, something that I haven't done for years now. One of the most characteristic and beautiful elements of the Greek summer are the mythical summer cinemas. I think the last movie I watched was Mamma Mia and that was ages ago.

Summer cinema
I went to a little cinema in Akrata and watched the movie Before Midnight, a romantic drama film and the sequel to Before Sunrise (1995)  and Before Sunset (2004), which was shot in Messenia, Greece.


It was a film about people talking and I found that their talk was so charming, absorbing and undoubtedly revealing most of the times. All this was done in such a true and witty way that totally captured me. Well, the fact that Ethan Hawke is so damn attractive might have had something to do with it. 

 It was a lovely night, the moon was on the screen's right side for most of the time and the whole scene was idyllic. Oh these Greek summer nights!

I love August's moon
Top: Sandro, Skort: Zara, Flats: Ras, Bag: Balenciaga

Bracelets: Monica Vinader & Just Cavalli

I left the cinema with a smile and two mosquito bites. It was such a lovely evening!!

Helen xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

>