Thursday, 4 July 2013

Let's talk about Impressionism

I had such a busy day yesterday even though I was off work. I started my day with something that has become a bit of a ritual really (apart from my everyday caffeine dose) - a nice workout at the gym. After I burned a few calories (352 to be exact) I went to my Pilates class. 



Shorts: Stella McCartney - Tee: H&M - Shoes: Reebok

My Pilates instructor gave birth to a healthy baby girl 6 weeks ago and now she is back to work and she is in such an amazing form!!! That should motivate me more as I need to get bikini ready for my forthcoming holiday in Greece.

When my whole exercise routine finished I had to run some errands so I was literally running around Bayswater to finish everything on time. I then came back home and started getting ready as I had to go to Halcyon Gallery and attend a lecture/discussion on Impressionism held by the Halcyon Academy. 

Getting my bag ready
I was feeling very Coco Noir yesterday
Almost ready :-)

Halcyon Gallery - 144 New Bond Street
The lecture was about French painter Edouard Manet's paintings (I will present some of his work  in a future post). One of the first 19th century assists to approach modern and postmodern-life subjects, he was a pivotal figure in the transition from Realism to Impressionism. 

It was a really interesting afternoon with lots to take in and I am eager to study and learn more about Manet's work. After having some coffee, strawberries and chocolate the lecture came to an end and since it was still day light I wandered around Conduit Street.


You are always on my mind...
Liberty

Cute guy
On my way home 
Top: Zara
Skirt: Sandro
Shoes: Zara
Jacket: Sandro
Bag: Balenciaga

Have a lovely day!!

Helen xx

3 comments:

>